Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IMAGE] Frontier - J. Hickman
"It’s like Star Trek, but super depressing."

The man just can't get enough at the moment it seems. While The Black Monday Murders truly has to pick up pace still, the next Jonathan Hickman is set to be released soon (November 16).

[Image: zTnT15U.jpg?1]

It will be the first time in 8 eight years that Hickman will do both writing and art (pencils, ink, and colors).

Quote:“TRANQUILITY” Double-sized first issue! The planets have aligned, and the prodigal son has returned! For the first time in eight years, JONATHAN HICKMAN (EAST OF WEST, BLACK MONDAY MURDERS, Secret Wars, Avengers) is both writing and drawing a new comic series: FRONTIER. It’s like Star Trek, but super depressing. Seriously. Not a joke. The final frontier...is a total bummer. Each issue contains galaxy-expanding bonus content like star maps, breakdowns of alien races, interstellar factions, and detailed spaceship schematics. FRONTIER is a brand new science fiction story about utopia lost, and how we might just gain it back.

Printed text on cover
What if 150 years from now we had everything we ever dreamed of, and then one day, the future decided it didn't want us anymore.

Frontier was announced by Hickman himself, some weeks ago, in an article/interview on Polygon: http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/18/1220386...an-hickman

$4.99 for the first issue (both digital and print)
Diamond ID: SEP160623

I'm looking forward to this one. Also if only to discover the format the first issue will be, both as a double-sized issue and because I like how Hickman has been experimenting with the format in The Black Monday Murders. Oh and because I just like the pitch LOL.
When to apply the concept of mutual exclusivity is a skill most often only mastered by those not in need of a manual to understand common sense. Common sense not to be confused with higher intellectual voodoo, although to most it is just that.
Oh yea, the pitch sounds awesome. The cover looks great too
[Image: j6AV7Pm.jpg]